Company Overview: Are you a results-driven problem-solver, eager to positively change the world? Do you believe that climate change is the biggest issue facing us today? Then the Biomason team needs you. Biomason is leading the global transition to plant-friendly construction by employing biology to produce cement. Since 2012, we have used microorganisms to grow sustainable, structural biocement® in ambient temperatures, harnessing the power of biotechnology to reinvent traditional cement and offer a planet-friendly alternative.
We are seeking dedicated, passionate, and hard working individuals to become part of our ever-growing team in Research Triangle Park, NC. Join Biomason and help us end the world's dependence on carbon-emitting construction materials. Let's change the way we build.
Biomason is privately held and headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. For additional information, please go to the company’s website at www.biomason.com. We offer a rich benefits package with medical, dental, vision, 401K with employer match, gracious time off, and more!
The Operations Technician at Biomason will provide support to process engineers and research scientists on a daily basis. This position will assist in daily lab operation activities and research & development projects to meet the development requirements within corporate timelines. This position will report to the Director of Process Engineering.
- Set up and operate pilot plant production equipment in a clean and safe environment
- Coordinate work with other operators to ensure proper safety, quality, and productivity
- Maintain production records on paper and on computer terminals
- Learning and maintaining mechanical equipment and production systems
- Follow written and verbal instructions to safely and properly produce products
- Maintain and support a superior safety and housekeeping program, including timely communication of initiatives
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous-improvement environment
- Other duties assigned by your supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year + operational experience
- Ability to problem solve and logically troubleshoot equipment and system issues
- Experience with hand, power, and shop tools
- Solving problems through collaborative teamwork, including follow-through on execution of tasks
- Ability to work with small teams under tight deadlines
- Familiar with OSHA Industry Standards
- Creative, flexible, proactive, punctual, persistent
- Comfortable with a demanding, fast-paced work environment
- An excellent communicator
- Work that includes moving objects up to 35 pounds
- Able to perform all job functions which includes, but may not be limited to: Walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, turning, climbing, squatting, reaching, bending, and exerting force
- Typical laboratory and office environments
Biomason Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.