NFW is a circularity platform for plastic-free performance materials. NFW follows three Ground Rules in everything we develop: start well, stay clean, end well. While nearly everything in the built world relies on some type of plastic that began as crude oil and that will become plastic pollution, we are establishing a new material reality. We believe all materials should begin and end as nutrients, ready for the next growth cycle—true circularity.
Our multi-material platform serves a wide range of industries—from fashion and footwear to automotive and upholstery. NFW technology embeds seamlessly into existing supply chains, enabling the world’s most iconic brands to design and scale products with high-performance, plastic-free materials. NFW makes global brands more sustainable, empowering them to create without plastics. Alongside the boldest brands and visionary designers, we are pioneering a naturally circular, post-oil economy.
NFW is a company of trailblazers, innovators and bold thinkers, committed to reinventing the way things are made. We never stop learning. We are fiercely curious about the world and how to improve it for everyone. We offer competitive salary, paid vacation and sick time, flexible work-life balance, great colleagues and more!
The Industrial Engineer provides management with recommendations to improve the utilization of personnel and equipment and to deliver increased output efficiency. Works with Maintenance and Engineering to support the Production Team in order to deliver the highest quality product at the lowest cost. The Industrial Engineer provides engineering expertise for conceptual studies, feasibility analysis, process design, start-up, optimization and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Work measurement and workflow analysis assessment for standardization and production facility usage will fall within the purview of the Industrial Engineering function.
- To ensure the effective and secure use of plant facilities, engineers will also design workflow, capacity planning, plant and equipment layouts, and accident prevention strategies.
- The manufacturing engineering team and the production team will rely heavily on the industrial engineer.
- Take the lead in developing production systems and working techniques and have an impact on work instructions to achieve cheap production costs without sacrificing quality and functionality.
- Help build innovative technological solutions as well as effective manufacturing and assembly lines built on lean concepts.
- Encourage better process planning for both new and existing goods.
- Standardize assembly practices and cycle times.
- Create a short- and long-term production strategy that accounts for variations in personnel and rate.
- Create production flows and lay-outs.
- Drive continuous improvement for efficient production.
- Advocate for the company's core values by continuously exhibiting Drive, Expertise, Support, and Trust.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or related discipline is required.
- 5+ years of related experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably around webhandling and automaton.
- Driven, innovative and takes initiative without being asked.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across functional areas within an operation.
- Able to work extended or flexible schedule to support the business.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as collaboratively in a team setting.
- Must be able to travel internationally
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent using of hands to grasp, handle, or feel
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching
- Occasional lifting of up to 35 pounds
- Vision at 20 inches or less
- Vision at 20 feet or more
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point
- Three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships
- Ability to adjust eye to bring an object into sharp focus
- Primarily operates in manufacturing environments
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it may be loud, dusty, hot or cold
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Required to use personal protective equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The Company is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team in which members of all backgrounds can contribute and thrive. In compliance with state and federal law, the Company does not discriminate in employment or administration of its programs and policies on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, or military service. Our policy reflects and affirms the Company’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all unlawful discriminatory practices.