Have you heard of Mycelium?
It’s the root structure of mushrooms, growing juuuuust beneath the forest floor.
We believe mycelium is the forests’ best-kept secret. With a naturally savory umami flavor and a wonderfully meaty texture, mycelium is a delicious, naturally sustainable option for people seeking a meat alternative. At MyForest Foods, we grow this gourmet mushroom mycelium inside our vertical farm in big, WHOLE pieces that can be sliced up just like traditional cuts of meat. Our first product, MyBacon is winning the hearts of vegans and carnivores alike—and we're just getting started!
Intrigued? If you’re a motivated, inspired, passionate foodie with a drive to revolutionize the future of food, we should definitely talk.
Are you interested in learning a new way of farming your food? Want to join a start-up environment where you will help to influence the production of our aerial mycelium?
At MyForest Foods, we grow and harvest mycelium in vertical farms, producing large structures that resemble whole cuts of meat in as little as 12 days. We then slice these meaty “cuts” and season them to perfection in a traditional brine recipe. MyBacon® is the first of many mycelium-based meatless alternatives.
These roles are the first phase of our product development and YOU will be the key to producing our product from the ground up!
Due to its DELICIOUS nature, MyBacon® demand is sky-high! As a result, our business is growing rapidly. As we prepare to take our production to a national scale, many exciting career opportunities have unfolded, including the Production Operations roles.
- Strict adherence to established standard operating procedures will be expected from operators to maintain consistency in quality and safety metrics
- Set up, operate, and clean large-scale equipment with strict adherence to established company Standard Operating Procedures
- Operate equipment, handle materials, and clean using food-safe handling practices
- Takes direction readily to safely deviate from Standard Operating procedures if/when requested by operations leadership
- Recognize and elevate unplanned deviations from the production process
- Experience working in a team environment where attendance and timeliness are core responsibilities
- Provide feedback for potential improvements to processes
- Ability to adhere to strict timelines
- Other duties relevant to operations may be assigned
- HS Diploma (preferred)
- Must have experience working in a hands-on environment; landscaping, janitorial or clean room using PPE (a plus)
- Ability to use Google Platform and Apps (email, calendar, sheets, docs, forms)-basic computer skills
- Must be comfortable with heights up to 20 ft. on platforms
- Must be capable of lifting 50 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to complete repetitive manual labor daily
- Willingness to ask thoughtful questions to improve processes when needed
- Creates a positive work environment for others
- Ability and willingness to flex workday start or end times as required by current project (core business hours Mon-Fri 8a-4:30p)
- Other duties and hours may be requested
Pay range for this role based on candidates' skills and experience starts at $18/hr-$22/hr.
Demonstrates commitment to the MyForest Foods values, which are centered around the principles of (good) growth, (good) taste, community, innovation and trust!
Excited? So are we!
If you’re inspired by the potential of mycelium and the promise of a well-fed future, join us! Our team is always seeking passionate problem-solvers and forward-thinking foodies.
As a part of this bold and quirky band of fun-loving world-changers, you can expect...
- A diverse and welcoming work environment
- A fresh company culture (full of opportunities for involvement!)
- Team-bonding retreats & community-based events
- Immediate benefits (medical and dental coverage starts on day 1!)
- Multiple voluntary benefit options; access to tele-med, pet insurance, 401k