Acre has partnered with an exciting start-up in the rapidly growing Carbon Repurposing/Utilization industry that has created a desperately needed and completely unique process that can repurpose carbon into high-value chemicals for industrial applications with ZERO emissions. This client has won numerous awards for their solutions and has been awarded massive industrial and federal contracts, and is therefore needing to scale their engineering teams rapidly.
We are looking for a Director of Pilot Plant Development (R&D Operations) to come in and lead the design, construction, commissioning and operation of a new state-of-the-art facility. This facility will 5x their production capacity and will serve as the largest technical hub of the business. Once the facility is online, you'll be leading research and development operations for a team that you hire and build and will be responsible for future plant expansion projects.
Your specific responsibilities are:
- Serve as the technical expert and hands-on project leader from design and specification stages, through commissioning and operations.
- Define the requirements of the new engineering center, create all project documentation and plans, monitor progress, resolve technical issues, and ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
- Collaborate with suppliers, architects, and engineers to ensure designs and equipment align with the project goals and requirements.
- Define the budget, then specify and procure necessary equipment and capabilities.
- Manage the new facility and lead an R&D team.
Your background consists of:
- 10-20+ years' experience starting off in process design and evolving to technical leadership in the design of pilot processes, plants, and operations (pilot plant management experience is non-negotiable)
- Inarguable technical expertise in process development, ideally coming from a background with proven experience setting up laboratory or research facilities in industrial chemical processing, consumer chemicals, oil & gas (O&G), universal oil products (UOP), etc.
- Excellent project management skills with experience leading the development of pilot plants.
- Familiarity with compliance and regulatory requirements for R&D lab design
If you're interested in joining an extremely well-funded, rapidly growing and mission-driven organization that are commercializing technology to save the planet, apply now!